[vbox-dev] Packaging virtualbox / VBox.sh

Alexey Eremenko al4321 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:52:23 GMT 2007

On 3/9/07, Till Maas <gmane.20.boeh at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to package the open source version virtualbox for Fedora.
> Fedora ships only free and open source software and everthing that is
> needed to build software for Fedora needs to be free open source software,
> too. I already managed to build kBuild for Fedora, but I do not know what
> patches for yasm are required because they are not in the svn repository.
>
> Also I want to ask to add the VBox.sh wrapper script that is in the OpenSUSE
> RPM to the svn repository. As far as I understand the situation, when I
> extract VBox.sh from the OpenSUSE rpm, it is not licensed unter GPL.
>
> Regards,
> Till

There are 2 openSUSE RPMs in existence: Official Innotek (non-Free)
RPM, and a community-built openSUSE RPM.

You can get them at:
http://virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
and
http://software.opensuse.org/download/virtualization/

You're task is to figure out which RPM is which :)

I'm heavy Suser, but would be glad to see VBox OSS RPM in Fedora 7.

Good luck !

-Alexey