[vbox-dev] how to install Windows Guest Additions from svn

Alexander Eichner alexeichi at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 19 16:30:41 GMT 2007

afaik building isos is not supported in OSE.
But i put the needed files online:

Don't uninstall the old Additions

VBoxDisp.dll http://aleichner.homepage.t-online.de/VBoxDisp.dll belongs
into c:\windows\system32

VBoxVideo.sys http://aleichner.homepage.t-online.de/VBoxVideo.sys
belongs into c:\windows\system32\drivers

(to copy the above files you should boot into failsafe mode)

VBoxOGL.dll http://aleichner.homepage.t-online.de/VBoxOGL.dll belongs
into c:\windows\system32

then you should add the registry keys as described in
http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/475

you also should change VMMDevInterface.cpp as described in the above URL
and recompile.

If all is right (and i described all correctly ;) you should be able to
run the testcases:

http://aleichner.homepage.t-online.de/tstShOpenGL.exe
http://aleichner.homepage.t-online.de/tstOGLSample.exe
http://aleichner.homepage.t-online.de/tstOGLSphere.exe

But OpenGL does not work with nvidia drivers at the moment (and to be
honestly I don't know why) but with mesa and the dri drivers (if not
already applied to trunk you should apply a patch i send earlier the day
to the list. The name is vboxgl-linux-mesa-fix.patch)

Alexander