[vbox-dev] how to install Windows Guest Additions from svn

Byron Clark byron.clark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 04:00:28 GMT 2007

On 7/5/07, Jason Spiro <jasonspiro2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool.  I haven't tried your installer, but why not try to get the installer
> checked into upstream SVN?  Maybe you even could shoehorn the build
> system into building a guest additions installer if NSIS is available.
>  (IIRC, NSIS for Linux can build .exe installers for Windows.)

I would love to get the installer in the upstream SVN.  It does
require a small patch right now (http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/85),
but with that fixed I would be happy to submit it under the MIT
license.  Unfortunately, you still would have to build the windows
guest additions on windows.  Even though NSIS can build windows
installers on linux, the guest additions themselves cannot be built on
linux.