[vbox-dev] Basic 3D OpenGL guest acceleration support

Sander van Leeuwen sandervl at innotek.de
Mon Jul 2 12:20:42 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I have committed my initial OpenGL guest support to the public SVN tree:

    * http://www.virtualbox.org/browser/trunk/src/VBox/HostServices/SharedOpenGL

    * http://www.virtualbox.org/browser/trunk/src/VBox/Additions/WINNT/Graphics/OpenGL

Current status:

    * communication framework between guest and host is present
    * simple OpenGL samples are functional; they display their rendered
      output in an external window on the host for testing purposes
    * supported are only Windows guests combined with a Windows host
    * not all OpenGL commands are implemented; most simple ones are

Plans:

    * Linux host and guest OpenGL support
    * Add OpenGL extensions as reported by the host OS
    * Direct3D emulation using OpenGL

Development of this task is tracked in defect 475 in our bug tracker
(http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/475)

We are looking for external developers with an interest to help us out
to complete this work.

--
Kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen / Met vriendelijke groet
  Sander van Leeuwen

InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH
http://www.innotek.de
Germany