[vbox-dev] installation script seems not to work here (fedora core 6)

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 18:49:47 GMT 2007

On 1/23/07, Maat <maat-ml at vilarem.net> wrote:

> #cp /boot/confi-file-of-your-current-kernel .config
>
> #make oldconfig
>
> # make
>
> then retry with Virtualbox

I think I didn't get you.
You mean I should build from source the kernel?

> other idea : kernel sources are in /usr/src/kernels/ for fedora iirc...
> perhaps a path or a symbolic link problem ?)

Please go ahead.
I've got
(a)   /usr/src/kernels/2.6.19-1.2895.fc6-i686/include/linux/*
and i've also
(b)   /usr/include/linux/*

There are many files in (b) that are not in (a) and many files
that are in (a) and in (b) but differs.

Which kind of symbolic link could satisfy VirtualBox installer?

--Luca