[vbox-dev] OSX Port

Achim Hasenmueller hasenmueller at innotek.de
Sun Feb 11 09:27:00 GMT 2007

Jeshua Lacock wrote:

> > I was wondering what I may be able to do to help with the Mac OS X port?

Yes, there are still some things to do. While the core virtualization
stuff is very complex, it is already being handled by our developers and
should be done soon. This includes all the kernel extension stuff, too.

However, there are lots of things that could be done:

- port the Qt GUI to OS X
- use the OS X equivalent of "DirectDraw" for the GUI screen rendering
(currently using SDL which seems to not work well on OS X)
- make Host Interface Networking work (IIRC there is something TAP-like
on OS X)
- create a .pkg Installer
- test

> > Also I was wondering, now that kqemu is GPL'd does that help this
> > project?

VBox is not related to kqemu, its VMM is much more complex but luckily
also very portable.

--

** Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT vom 15.-21.3.2007 in Hannover **
           ** Im Linux-Park - Halle 5 - Stand G57/3 **

 ** InnoTek at CeBIT Hannover: Linux Park Hall 5 - Booth G57/3 **

Kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen / Cordialement,
    Achim Hasenmueller

InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH
fon: +49 7151 60405-0 (fax: -111)
hasenmueller at innotek.de
http://www.innotek.de
Germany

Place of Incorporation/Firmensitz: Weinstadt
Register Court / Registergericht: Stuttgart HRB 264652