[vbox-dev] I'd like to help translate for chinese languange, how to start?

Achim Hasenmueller hasenmueller at innotek.de
Wed Feb 7 07:26:47 GMT 2007

王泫瀛 wrote:
> I can't find any information about this.
As Valentine Sinitsyn already said, for the GUI you can use Qt Linguist.
There is still one patch pending related to loading external language
files though (Dmitry: please apply).

However, there are also strings in the Main, Devices and VMM components,
mostly related to error messages. While these strings have been marked
using the macro N_(x), we do not have the tools in place yet to
externalize and overlay them with other strings. The technique will be
loosely based on how Qt works. If you translate just the GUI, this will
already cover 99% of what has to be done. Depending on how fast
translations emerge in the community, we will hurry up to implement the
missing bits.

--

** Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT vom 15.-21.3.2007 in Hannover **
           ** Im Linux-Park - Halle 5 - Stand G57/3 **

 ** InnoTek at CeBIT Hannover: Linux Park Hall 5 - Booth G57/3 **

Kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen / Cordialement,
    Achim Hasenmueller

InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH
fon: +49 7151 60405-0 (fax: -111)
hasenmueller at innotek.de
http://www.innotek.de
Germany

Place of Incorporation/Firmensitz: Weinstadt
Register Court / Registergericht: Stuttgart HRB 264652