[vbox-dev] is there any plan to port the qt gui to gtk?

Valentine Sinitsyn Valentine.Sinitsyn at usu.ru
Tue Feb 6 06:45:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

> The qt gui need more time to launch and looks not so look in a gnome
> environment.

> I would try to write one with pygtk , if it is not in your todo list
> recently.
Check "Contributions" page:
A GNOME integration project is about to start. I guess it's worth
joining them.

Anyway, I'm afraid you'll get hard time writing GUI in Python. I was
investigating the issue a little and it appears that PyXPCOM wrappers
which do exists will not work with VirtualBox XPCOM component out of
the box - you'll need to patch/rebuild them. Maybe I'm wrong - in this
case I would appreciate if you point me to PyXPCOM binding which works
with VirtualBox.

Standard disclaimer: I'm not a VirtualBox developer.

Regards,
Valentine Sinitsyn