[vbox-dev] Improvements to the host serial driver

Alexander Eichner alexeichi at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 16 14:34:54 GMT 2007

Hi,

the attached patch improves the code of the host serial driver.
The code now uses IPRT functions where possible and adds error handling
in case the driver can not open the serial port.
The patch hopefully adds support for serial ports on Windows host OS but
i couldn't check if it works because I'm not able to compile the whole
VirtualBox tree on Windows. I only checked that it compiles without an
error.
At last the driver has it's own log group now.

Kind regards,
Alexander Eichner