[vbox-announce] Announcement: VirtualBox 4.2 Beta 1 released

VirtualBox announcements vbox-announce at virtualbox.org
Fri Aug 3 07:52:23 PDT 2012

Please do NOT use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines!
A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release
meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.

You can download the binaries here:

(Note: At this time the upload of the packages is still in progress.)

Please do NOT open bug reports at our public bugtracker but use our
VirtualBox Beta Feedback forum at

to report any problems with the Beta. Please concentrate on reporting
regressions since VirtualBox 4.1.18!

Version 4.2 will be a new major release. Please see the forum at

for the extended announcement and for a preliminary list of all changes
since VirtualBox 4.1.18.

Thanks for your help!

Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Senior Manager Software Development Desktop Virtualization, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany