[vbox-dev] Question about NATNetwork

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Sat Apr 23 20:06:52 GMT 2016

I maintain the VirtualBox packages for openSUSE, and I have run into a problem
with networking in the guests. Using the host RPMs built by the openSUSE version
of the .spec file, NAT networking works in the guests but NATNetwork does not.
The guest cannot even ping the gateway, although they get IP addresses.

When I install the RPM from the VirtualBox download site, both types of
networking work in the guests. I would appreciate pointers as to which component
of the VB host system is likely to be the problem.

Thanks,

Larry