[vbox-dev] Regarding possible solution to #13157 - Windows Command line argument handling error

Magnus Madsen madsen.magnus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:09:42 GMT 2015

Hi Frank,

Thank you for looking into the issue!
I tested 99864 and there is still a problem, but it is different.

An argument of:
test="ok"

will be changed to
"test=\"ok\""

So now the double quotes are not being stripped, however the escaping
backslashes are not removed and the argument is still enclosed in another
set of double quotes in the resulting argument string used to start the
process.

If it is any help, this is the modified file that I got working:

http://pastebin.com/mCiCZxuV

I think that the RTGetOptArgvFromString function should be okay, but I made
a quick hack to the rtGetOpArgvRequiresQuoting function to prevent it from
enclosing in quotes if not necessary - I doubt it'd be good enough for
production.

Kr,
Magnus