[vbox-dev] Virtual box processes memory allocation question from Windows XP SP3 user

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Aug 28 18:21:39 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 28.08.2013 18:43, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
> Dear sir,
> Thank you very much, i have looked at a Virtual box system service and
> for .exe program, which is being responsible for driving virtual computer.
> I have tried to exit virtual manager, so really, only 66 MB of RAM
> allocated.
> Excellent JOB.

We're not doing miracles, sorry. It's just that the special memory
allocations (for the VM's RAM size and a few additional data structures)
don't show up as used by the VM process if you use the normal Windows
tools. Just start the task manager before you start the VM and see how
much the free memory goes down and you'll realize that it's by far more
than 66MB :)