[vbox-dev] Regression: Windows Installer fails to install python bindings

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:37:53 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Andreas Löffler
<andreas.loeffler at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's exactly broken? I just did an install of this version on Windows and
> all the shortcuts work for me here. Can you check the shortcut properties,
> maybe there's something wrong? Does it affect another user than you
> installed VBox with? What's the Windows version you installed VBox on?
>
> -Andreas.

Host: Windows XP (fresh) + python 2.6.6 + pyWin32 v216 + VBox 4.0.51 r72388

1. VBoxPython:
Module isn't installed.

2. Start Menu shortcut points to:
"C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\UserManual.pdf"
It should point to:
"C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\doc\UserManual.pdf"

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"