[vbox-dev] Clone

Christian Pötzsch christian.poetzsch at oracle.com
Thu Jun 16 14:27:36 GMT 2011

On 06/16/11 16:15, Perry Halbert wrote:
> I really like the addition of _C_lone to the main manager and the fact
> that the wizard not only clones the guest but registers it as well.  One
> thing that I would like added to the wizard is the ability to retain the
> original UUID as well if I choose. I do a lot of testing and this
> feature it vital in Windows.
I guess you are talking about the new Clone VM feature? Which uuid do
you mean? The uuid of the guest? This is not possible, cause you can't
use one uuid for two guests. Please note, that you can specify the
target uuid with VBoxManage.

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Pötzsch                             http://www.oracle.com/