[vbox-dev] How-to bring VirtualBox VM window to focus ?

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Tue Jun 14 07:30:48 GMT 2011

Hello Aleksey,

The (modern) X11 way of doing this is to send a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW
client message to the window, which the window manager will see and act
on.  See src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/src/globals/VBoxGlobal.cpp
(VBoxGlobal::activateWindow).

I'm afraid thought that I don't have time just now to move the
functionality from the GUI into Main.

Regards,

Michael

--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com