[vbox-dev] Idea to Introduce New Bugzilla state "MODIFIED" instead of "-> Fixed in SVN"

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Thu Feb 25 15:48:29 GMT 2010

On Saturday 13 February 2010, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> Currently we use:
> Some Bug  -> Fixed in SVN
>
> On bugs that were fixed, but not yet released...
> Some bug tracking systems have additional state: "MODIFIED"
>
> MODIFIED exists state for this purpose. It is used instead of
> modifying the bug's topic like "-> Fixed in SVN".
> This state is valid, just like NEW or CLOSED states are...
>
> What do you think: Do you want to introduce this state into public
> VBox bug tracking system ?

Nice idea but we do only very rare changes to the Trac system. The update
to a later Trac version (0.12) is planned but last time we tried there
were serious performance issues because they switched to Genshi.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels