[vbox-dev] norawr3 instruction tracing

Nikolay Igotti Nikolay.Igotti at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 9 12:25:22 GMT 2010

    Hi Joe,

 Actually it's  achieved with just pure QEMU, but you also could use
VirtualBox for that.
VBoxSDL frontend has appropriate switches disabling raw and hwacc modes
(--nohwvirtex --norawr0 --norawr3) and then consult recompiler's
Makefile and sources (look at DEBUG_TMP_LOGGING define).
In current code it will print both source instructions, IR and
recompiled code, but you could tweak it to print just what you need.

 However, output is huge and everything will crawl, so I recommend to
implement some mechanism to turn logging on and off.

 Nikolay