[vbox-dev] VNC server patch

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at sun.com
Fri Apr 2 17:28:22 GMT 2010

Ivo Smits wrote:
> Never mind, I have not checked whether it actually compiled the VNC
> code. Turns out that it did not. I will try to get it fixed and then get
> back to you.

I've fixed the merge errors as well as logging and malloc errors in the
original patch file.  The code builds now (r27963).  Not sure if it
actually works or not, though, as my text mode test VM gave me a blank
VNC screen.  I leave this for you to figure out... :-)

> By the way, what's the correct way to set the VBOX_WITH_VNC define?

Add it to the LocalConfig.kmk file in the root of the source tree (where
you find the huge Config.kmk file):
   echo VBOX_WITH_VNC=1 >> LocalConfig.kmk

--

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Vennlig hilsen,
  Knut

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Knut St. Osmundsen
Werkstrasse 24               Senior Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:bird at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,
Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels