[vbox-dev] audio device emulation on virtualbox

Yang-Rong Jerry Zhou Yangrong.Zhou at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 25 06:10:26 GMT 2009

Hi All,

As far as I know, Virtualbox now emulates two kinds of audio device:
AC97(audio810), and SB16. But currently, the most widely used audio
device is High Definition Audio chipset. So is it possible or meaningful
to add the emulation of High Definition audio device in Virtualbox? I am
the High Definition audio driver developer for OpenSolaris. So if it is
possible and useful to emulate audiohd device in Virtualbox, I am glad
to cooperate with you to implement it.

Thanks,
Yangrong