[vbox-dev] Build instructions related to VirtualBox-3.0.2-OSE sources

S. Brandt sbrandt at gmx.de
Fri Aug 7 11:13:35 GMT 2009

Suren R Gundumalla wrote:
> Team:
>
> I could successfully build VirtualBox-3.0.2-OSE sources on Window XP 32 bit.
> I faced some challenges due to some missed instructions on the build page. I
> documented below for reference. Please let me know if any item is not clear.
>
> Also i request VirtualBox build master to update with latest instructions on
> build instructions page:)

Hi!
Just some notes from my experience ...

> 1. QT sources info is not correct in build instructions page. Download QT4
> binaries or sources from
> http://get.qtsoftware.com/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.1.zip. If
> sources are downloaded, QT4 is easy to build(just follow instructions in
> that folder related to build). I noticed QT4 takes a while to build (at
> least one hour).
There is 4.5.2 out.

> 3. After running "cscript configure.vbs" (with correct command line
> parameters) successfully, Add VBOX_BLD_PYTHON = C:/Python26/python.exe
> inside autoconfig.kmk file.On my machine python was installed to
> C:\Python26. I have to do this every time i ran env.bat and before running
> "kmk". References to python were missing in build instructions page.
It's better to put the
VBOX_BLD_PYTHON = C:/Python26/python.exe
into LocalConfig.kmk; this file is not updated on next configure.vbs run.
Also, the configure.vbs now supports
--with-python=c:\Programme\Python26

> 4. When ran "kmk" i saw linkage error related to
>
> VBoxNetFlt-win.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __alloca_probe_16 referenced in function _vboxNetFltWinPtInitBind at 12
I hope this is solved in 3.0.4 ... just trying.
Yes, fixed.

Bye,
Sebastian