[vbox-dev] Announce: VirtualBox 2.2.0 released!

Robin Green greenrd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 08:49:32 GMT 2009

2009/4/11 Frank Mehnert <Frank.Mehnert at sun.com>

> > OK, that fixed it. However, I should point out something about the guest
> > additions that is difficult to figure out for oneself (I had to cheat by
> > installating from the official additions ISO):
> >
> > In /usr/lib/dri, it is necessary to create a link vboxvideo_dri.so ->
> > /usr/lib/VBoxOGL.so. Otherwise 3D acceleration won't work.
>

> Is that a 64-bit Linux guest?

No, 32-bit

Which distribution?

 Fedora rawhide.

However, I'm sorry, my previous email was wrong! As Alessio Cassibba pointed
out in his recent email to this list, only two of the OpenGL .so files
actually get built - and VBoxOGL isn't one of them. I didn't notice this
when I wrote my previous email.
--
Robin