[vbox-dev] svn 13664 failed to allocate 5696 bytes

Jason Spiro jasonspiro2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 13:42:02 GMT 2008

2008/10/30 Antonio Doldo <antonio.doldo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I successufully compiled debian package from svn 13664, but i obtain an
> error at startup of VM's
>

> Failed to allocate 5696 bytes of contiguous memory for the world
> switcher code (VERR_NO_MEMORY).
> Unknown error creating VM (VERR_NO_MEMORY).
>

> Codice&nbspd'uscita:
> NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
> Componente:
> Console
> Interfaccia:
> IConsole {e3c6d4a1-a935-47ca-b16d-f9e9c496e53e}
>

> of course i have recompiled the vboxdrv module

Does the officially packaged Debian VirtualBox OSE work for you?

In other words, try uninstalling the kernel driver.  Then type:

sudo aptitude install virtualbox-ose # it's in Debian main and Ubuntu multiverse

Does that version work?

Please CC me when you reply.

--
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, trainer, IT consultant. I support
Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.
+1 (416) 992-3445 / info at jspiro.com